Join a picturesque trip from Vienna to Salzburg, the city of The Sound of Music, to discover the film's shooting locations. Combine film settings with fun facts about the real Trapp family.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today. Learn more
- Duration 13 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Pickup optional
- Your hotel in central Vienna.
Select participants and date
The meeting point is next to the State Opera House, in front of the Albertina Museum. Karlsplatz (lines U1, U2, U4) is the closest underground station. Please give your name to the activity provider's representative.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- Infants who do not need a separate seat participate for free
- Operated by a guide in English language only
- Depending on the group size, this tour will be conducted by minivan with a driver–guide or by bus with a licensed guide
- Please note that you will cover approximately 600 kilometers by motorway over approximately 7 hours of driving with one 30-minutes stop; you will have 40 minutes in Mondsee and 3.5 hours Salzburg, with a 2–hour combined walking tour
- Hotel pickups begin at 7:15 AM
- For free hotel pick-up please provide your hotel name and address before 5 PM a day before the tour; pick up from apartments not possible