Get an up-close look at whales with San Diego's most experienced crew. Between December and April, approximately 20,000 gray whales migrate along the coast of San Diego.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 3.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Wheelchair accessible
Select participants and date
Please check in at the "Flagship" ticket booth before departure.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Warm clothing
- Sun hat
- Thermal clothing
- Face mask or protective covering
- Pets (assistance dogs allowed)
Know before you go
- See whales or you'll get to go out again for free on your next trip
- Children 3 and under ride for free
- If you are prone to seasickness, consider medication in advance
- A snack bar is not available onboard
- The vessel and interior main deck are wheelchair accessible but the exterior top deck and restrooms are not