Learn to surf at Mondo's Beach near Santa Barbara. Pick up the basics of surfing technique and etiquette on waters great for beginners. Enjoy a private lesson for a more personalized experience.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 1.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Private group available
Select participants and date
Meet your instructor at the local partner's surf van parked at Mondos Beach. As you approach Mondos Beach look for a white box truck/van with a wave on the side, surfers on the back, and "SANTA BARBARA SURF SCHOOL" in bold green lettering. It will be parked on the Mountain Side of the Pacific Coast Highway. There is free parking on the left and right-hand sides of the road.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Alcohol and drugs
Know before you go
- All participants must be able to swim. You may not even need to swim during the lesson, however, it is a necessary safety precaution
- Please bring a bathing suit to wear under your wetsuit, a towel, change of clothes, and water
- Most lessons are taught at Mondos Beach, however, this may change on the day of depending on certain conditions
- Please note that Mondos Beach is about a 20-minute drive south of Santa Barbara. Lessons are taught here because of the year-round waves that gently break along this right-handed point-break/beach break