Climb up Pico del Teide, the highest mountain in Spain, on this full-day tour in Tenerife. Walk through pumice and lava fields up to 3,700 meters high, where you can admire the fantastic view over the Canary islands before taking the cable car back down.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 1 day
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Ticket confirmation within 48 hours
- Once purchased, you’ll receive a booking confirmation from the activity provider.
- Live tour guide
- Spanish, English, German
- Pickup included
- Pick-up at your hotel or a nearby meeting point in the south of Tenerife (Los Cristianos, Las Americas & Costa Adeje). Look for a blue van. Please provide the name of your hotel when booking. Otherwise arrive at the meeting point at the cable car station in the National Park.
- Small group
- Limited to 9 participants
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Warm clothing
- Hiking shoes
Know before you go
- Please wear sturdy shoes, wind and weather protection, and sun protection, and take water and your ID card
- Hiking boots can also be rented locally
- This is a challenging climb on loose ground with rough lava stones and requires you to have a very good physical condition. Please note that there is a risk of altitude sickness
- Hike: 1,500-meter (4,921-foot) ascent, 170-meter (558-foot) descent
- Distance: 8 kilometers (5 miles)
- Endurance: Good – very good
- Slip-resistance: Moderate
- Duration: 5-6 hours
- Please note, a permit is required to reach the Teide Summit. The local partner requests the permit after booking, however its availability is limited. If the local partner is unable to secure a permit, you will be contacted with an alternative