Discover one of the most spectacular Unesco sites on a day trip to Meteora from Thessaloniki. Explore ancient monasteries, enjoy panoramic views and learn about the history and myths of the area.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 12 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
- Small group
- Limited to 15 participants
Select participants and date
Make your way to Thessaloniki’s railway station and take the morning 08:56 AM train to Kalambaka on your own using the train e-tickets. Your guide will welcome you at Kalambaka's train station holding a signboard with your name on it.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- It is highly recommended to have some light snacks with you so you can enjoy them during the train ride
- Lunchtime will be after the Meteora tour because it requires some physical effort to visit the monasteries. It is not recommended to do it after lunch
- The monasteries of Meteora impose a dress code in order to enter inside. Men must wear long trousers and women must wear long skirts and cover their shoulders. (Skirts are also available for purchase at the entrance of the monasteries. A long scarf wrapped around the waist is also sufficient to enter the monasteries)