Watch Sumo wrestlers go through a morning training session at a Sumo stable in Tokyo. Learn more about the world of Sumo from a local guide.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 3 days in advance for a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Small group
- Limited to 9 participants
Select participants and date
The meeting point is right in front of Re.Ra.Ku, located right outside of East Exit of JR Ryogoku Station. Please note that there are two Ryogoku station. The meeting point is Ryogoku station on the JR line, (NOT Toei-Oedo line). The guide will be holding a red/orange sign saying "Magical Trip"Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Food and drinks
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
- Video recording
Know before you go
- Sumo stables may adjust their schedule at the last minute, based on their tournament schedule and the wrestlers' training. If there is a sudden change or a cancellation of the Sumo practice, your booking will be refunded.
- Customers may need to sit on the floor as most of the stables do not usually have chairs
- Customers may not bring in outside food and drink, nor chat loudly during the practice. Please dress conservatively.
- The Sumo stable has the right to refuse entry to guests who don't obey the rules of the stable. In this case, a refund will not be offered
- Entrance fee for Sumo morning practice is included
- The stable decides if customers may take photos of the wrestlers or with the wrestlers on the day.