Take a detailed tour of the Vatican Museums and St. Peter’s Basilica, perfect for a history buff or art lover. Enjoy an in-depth tour which focuses on both the highlights and lesser known art pieces.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today. Learn more
- Duration 5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
In front of Caffé Vaticano – on Viale Vaticano, 100. This is across the street from the Vatican Museum Entrance. Your guide will be there holding a sign that says “The Roman Guy".Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Student card
- Oversize luggage
- Luggage or large bags
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
- Selfie sticks
- Professional cameras
Know before you go
- All visitors must pass through airport-style security. During high season the wait at security may be up to 30 minutes.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums - knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women.
- The museums are wheelchair accessible, however you will be required to take a special wheelchair friendly itinerary, and therefore not be able to follow this tour. If you have any doubts about your mobility, we strongly recommend a private tour.
- In order to qualify for the Student pricing, you need to be between the age of 18 & 25, and to be in possession of a valid student ID (university card) on the day of the tour.
- The Vatican tends to quiet down in the late afternoon, but there is a chance the museums may still be crowded while you are inside.