Discover the 16 prisons of the Venetian Republic, one of the earliest jails in Europe, created in 1500. Go on a small group tour through cells connected to the Doge’s Palace through the famous Bridge of Sighs and into an imposing courtroom.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 1 hour
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- French, English, Italian
- Small group
- Limited to 9 participants
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
In Piazza San Marco, with the Doge’s Palace in front of you and the S.Mark’s Basin at your back, go on the right, cross the Bridge (from where you see the Bridge of Sighs) and then look on the left, you will see the entrance of the Palazzo delle Prigioni. Do not go to the entrance of Doge's Palace - Prison Palace is the building close to Doge's Palace, after the bridge.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- Please note that this tour is carried out in multiple languages at the same time.