See St. Mark’s Basilica and the Doge’s Palace on a 3-hour guided tour of Venice. Learn the history of the Venetian Republic at its 2 landmark monuments. Discover masterpieces of art, and walk the corridors of the Venetian doges.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
What customers loved
"St Mark’s basilica and the Doge’s palace were incredible."
"Definitely the background story and history Susan provided."
"Our guide Juliana connected with his audience, we felt like we were the only ones on his tour !!!"
- Learn about the doges of the Venetian Empire in the Doge's Palace
- Walk across the Bridge of Sighs from the inside
- See more than 4,000 square meters of stunning mosaics
- Admire frescoes by Veronese and Tintoretto
- Learn about some of the famous prisoners of the Doge's Palace
- Hear how Venice grew from a tiny island to become one of the great powers of the Mediterranean
- Marvel at the Byzantine façade of St. Mark's Basilica
- Enjoy special access to the 1st floor terrace of St. Mark's for panoramic views of the lagoon
Due to health and safety regulations, this itinerary may change. See Know before you go for the latest updates.
- Entrance to St. Mark's Basilica
- Skip-the-line entrance to the Doge's Palace
- Special access to the terraces in St. Mark's Basilica
- Headsets (when needed)
- Local guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Wheelchair users
- All required protective equipment is provided
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meet your guide just outside the entrance of the Correr Museum on Piazza San Marco, 30124. On St. Mark's square at the opposite side of the Basilica you will find the Correr Museum entrance underneath the portico.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Until further notice, entrance inside St. Mark’s Basilica is not possible due to ongoing restoration work. Tours will visit the basilica's Terrace and its Museum instead
- Please note, this tour cannot accommodate those in wheelchairs as the terrace of St. Mark's Basilica and the prisons and armory of the Doge's Palace are not wheelchair-accessible
- St. Mark's Basilica and the Doge's Palace can be subject to unforeseen closures due to liturgical celebrations. In the event the venue is closed, you will be given explanations from the outside
- Please remember that the Basilica is a holy place and attire must be appropriate: both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees
- Backpacks are prohibited inside St. Mark's Basilica