Explore Skadar Lake and discover over 280 bird species on a private birdwatching boat tour. Learn about these birds' fascinating lives from your local guide and from the books provided on the boat.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Bosnian, Serbian, Croatian, English
- Private group
Select participants and date
Meet your guide in the town center of Virpazar, at the local supplier's, Eagle Boat Cruise, stand. When you enter Virpazar, pass by the Pelican Hotel, after which you will see a row of stands. The local supplier's stand is in front of the fountain across from the restaurant Basta.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
Know before you go
- The tour might not be possible in case of bad weather conditions
- Opening hours are subject to change
- There is no guarantee that you will see pelicans
- Different times of year bring different birds: The greatest number of species can be seen during the spring months of April, May, and June. Over the winter months large flocks of migratory birds can be seen. In the autumn months, long chains of birds can be seen flying over the lake. During summer, the best time for birdwatching is early in the morning and two hours before sunset.