Discover the spectacular Ruakuri Cave, the longest of Waitomo’s underground caves, on a 1.5-hour walking tour with a knowledgeable local guide.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 1.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Wheelchair accessible
Select participants and date
Ruakuri Cave is situated in the Ruakuri Scenic Reserve, Waitomo. Waitomo Glowworm Caves are just over 2 hours south of Auckland, 1 hour south of Hamilton, and 2 hours west of Rotorua. There is plenty of free outdoor parking at the Ruakuri Information Centre.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- If you are late or miss your scheduled tour time your ticket(s) are forfeited and non-refundable. New bookings will incur the full tour cost and due to high demand and limited capacity tours are subject to availability
- Photography is permitted in Ruakuri Cave
- Ruakuri Cave has full wheelchair and pushchair (stroller) access