Join the original Waitomo black water rafting tour. Explore the Ruakuri Cave on an exhilarating underground adventure that involves climbing, black water tubing, floating, and leaping over cascading underground waterfalls.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Meet your guide at The Legendary Black Water Rafting Co, Waitomo Homestead, located just before the Waitomo turn off.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
Know before you go
- Participants must be 12 years or older and weigh at least 45 kilograms
- Tours run year round at 9:00 AM, 10:30 AM, 12:00 PM, 1:30 PM, and 3:00 PM. During summer, tours run every 30-minutes from 7:00 AM
- All tours are subject to availability. Pending available time slots, your tour time may be different to the one requested
- Water temperature is 10-14 degrees celsius (wetsuits and footwear are provided)
- Cameras and GoPro's cannot be taken on this tour
- There is a maximum of 12 participants per tour and a minimum of 2 participants required for the tour to run.
- The Waitomo Caves are located 195-kilometres from Auckland and round-trip transport from Auckland is not included