Take a Water Taxi and explore Mou Waho Island. Discover a hidden lake which contains its own island, forming a Russian doll of islands and lakes. Meet the Weka, an adorable and curious bird that is partial to meeting humans.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Wanaka Marina, Lakeside Rd on the bigger jetty across the toilet block. The Water taxi will arrive on this jetty.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Please be advised, the walk up to the hidden lake and view point is steep and rocky in places but not long and there are benches along the way to rest
- Guests who aren't up for the walk but mobile enough to get on and off the boat and the island are more than welcome to join the tour anyway to enjoy the lake and the bird life on the island